• foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto

Welcome!

 
 
 

See all of today's events

 
 

Palazzo Zenobio - Collegio Armeno Moorat Raphael

palazzi

Facebook

Palazzo Zenobio is a monumental building, built in late 17th and beginning of 18th century, by the Venetian noble family Zenobio. Since 1850 the Palace belongs to the Armenian Mekhitarist Fathers of Venice.
In the palace the two main halls can be visited: the Stuccoes' Hall and the Mirrors' Hall. On the walls of the Stuccoes' Hall there are three precious paintings by Luca Carlevarjis, a predecessor of the Venetian 17th century view painters.
The ceiling frescoes are some representation of Lazzarini's allegories. All these frescoes are framed by 17th century fine stuccoes, along with marble door arches.
The main hall of Palazzo Zenobio is the Mirrors' Hall, called also Tiepolesca after the frescoes and the complex decoration, to which collaborated the young Giambattista Tiepolo.
A hall full of lightm a subtle example of Venetian art and life in the 17th century.

From the garden it is possible to see the architecture of the building. In the central part of the building the are the Mirrors' Hall, the Direction and many meeting rooms on the first floor, the Chapel and some other ten guest rooms on the second floor, about 15 guest rooms on the third floor.
The two lateral buildings have some exhibition rooms, other rooms for meeting and cultural events, a big kitchen and a large dining room. In the garden during the summer there are evening receptions, concerts, dinners and theatre evenings.
Built in 1690 for the wealthy Zenobio family of Verona on a plan by the architect Antonio Gaspari, a pupil of Longhena, the Zenobio Palace has been the premises of the Armenian College since 1850 and is one of the most important exemplars of baroque art in Venice.

Among its salons, of particular interest is the sumptuous ballroom frescoed by Dorigny.

Address and Info

Address: Fondamenta del Soccorso, Dorsoduro 2597, 30123, Venezia

AreaVenezia, City Center, Dorsoduro

Information

Opening times: 10am-6pm, closed on Mondays