• foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto

Welcome!

 
 
 

See all of today's events

 
 

Town Hall

palazzi

Facebook

The neoclassical City Hall was built by the Austrians to replace the original structure on wood destroyed by a fire. The present Town Hall is a strong Neoclassical building. At the beginning (Second half of the 19th century) it should reveal the strenght and power of the Austrian Empire, indeed it has been a prison for many years.
This building has not a big artistic importance like the previous one but the interior contains a tablet by Jacobello del Fiore, depictin Felice and Fortunato, the patron Saints of the city, in addition to drawings by Rosalba Carriera, a painter from Chioggia; L'Ultima Cena, a work by Antonio Vassilacchi (1556-1629) called 'L'Aliense' and friend of Veronese and Tintoretto.
The statues of the balustrade, that today surround the 'Sagraéto' next to the Cathedral, along the Perottolo Canal, are the only remnants of the old Town Hall.

Address and Info

Address: Corso del Popolo, 30015, Chioggia