• foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto

Welcome!

 
 
 

See all of today's events

 
 

Church of the Filippini

chiese

Facebook

On the right with respect to the Municipal Palace there is a small square called "Piazza XX Settembre". After the bridge of the Vena Canal, on the opposite side of the square there is the church of the Filippini. It was built in 1722 for will of the Manin Family. To this family belonged the last of the Dogi, son of the Earl Manin. This church is also adorned with paintings of late eighteenth and early nineteenth century of Pace Base, Palo Pellesina,  Antonio Vianelli and Francesco Fontebasso (1709-1769). Above the entrance door there is a work of the XVI century of uncertain attribution called La lavanda dei piedi.

 

Address and Info

Address: Fondamenta della Vena, Calle dei Filippini, 30015, Chioggia

AreaChioggia, Chioggia, C.so del Popolo

Prices

free