Bosco Nordio is situated in the oldest woodland area of the Veneto coastline, between Chioggia and the Po river, about ten kilometres from Chioggia, in the area of Sant’Anna. Bosco Nordio was first a property of the town of Chioggia and was then given to the Nordio family in 1565, who destroyed it in order to cultivate its land. However, at the end of the XVIII Century Andrea Nordio planted a domestic pine forest on the remains of the ancient wood with ilex, laurel and other Mediterranean species found in the ancient woodland. In 1959 a Nature Reserve was set up. Nowadays it is managed by Veneto Agricoltura with the help of some natural and environmental guides of the Cooperativa Hyla for educational and touristic activities of the Reserve.