• foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto
  • foto

Welcome!

 
 
 

See all of today's events

 
 

Audiotorium - Ex Chiesa di S. Nicolò

chiese

Facebook

Southwards of the little square called "Piazzetta Granaio", there is the former church of S. Nicolò, which was built in 1322, at one floor, probably built on the founding of another building which dated back to 1211, on a portico with Istria marble pillars, which was restored in 1864; it preserves a painted papier-mâché Virgin Mary with Son by Jacopo Sansovino inside a Gothic tabernacle. Recently a fragment of a thirteenth-century fresco has been discovered; it represents the Virgin on the throne while feeding her Son. It is now at Auditorium.

Address and Info

Address: Calle San Nicolò, 30015, Chioggia

AreaChioggia, Chioggia, C.so del Popolo

Information

not open to visitors